Saturday, March 6, 2010

'O' Week

'O' week is now over at Deakin University. Its what they call freshers week over here and it entails a week of excesive events designed to meet people, knacker you out and get wrecked on booze. I have been forced to skull (down) countless pots (half pints) of Australian Beer (shit) all week.

One highlight was a mystery bus tour which took students on a huge pub and club crawl. The theme of mine was floro (florescence) and was the bus itself was probably the single most crazy place I have been in my life. It was a essentially a double decker bus pumping out music with a hundred drunk students dancing, mucking about and falling all on top of each other whenever the bus stopped. There were clothes being torn off, people jumping on each other and just general mayhem. I can't believe it got past H&S regulations. Unfortunately I didn't bring my camera so I can show you guys but its probably for the best as its likely it would've been ruined.

A low light however was on Friday morning we were all woken up at 5:30am by the RAs (Residential Advisors) banging pans and shouting at the top of their voices. This is all after a heavy night the previous night. The next thing we know we're on a tram to the city being told we cannot go back to bed until we complete 7 challenges around town. We were forced to scare random strangers on the street by jumping out on them, eat chili peppers and eat as much ice cream as was possible. To top it all off, when we finally completed all the challenges we were pummbled with flour and eggs just to make us comfortable for the our tram and train ride home. This is what the Aussies consider fun.

Anyway I thought I'd also give you a few pictures to show you how my accomodation is:

This my room. Notice the fan on the left facing my face when I sleep and the Factor 30 sunblock on the shelf on the right.This is part of the kitchen and the general communal area. We all have allocated cupboards and fridge space in the kitchen, a large dining table and couches and a HD TV. there are 10 people in this block and its a long from from Lindsay C!

Some things never change....

So today I am off to Future Music Festival in Melbourne and I'm gonna bring along my camera so expect a new entry soon. Empire of the Sun, Franz Ferdinand, David Guetta, Does it offend you, yeah?, Prodigy and Boys Noize are all on the lineup so it should be amazing.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe your living over there. It must be amazing. I'll have to come find you in melbourne when I come over in the summer? Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boys Noize and Guetta. You dick :(.

    ReplyDelete